Dynamic Discs Presents Abilene Wild Hair Disc Golf Tournament This Weekend
First of all, 'grip it and rip it' refers to grabbing your disc and throwing it. I just wanted to clear that up.
On Friday, there will be a single and doubles flex-start event with a $2000 ace pot. Then, the Wild Hair will take place on Saturday and Sunday over at both Cal Young Park and Will Hair Park.
The flex-start event basically means that you and your partner (if playing doubles) can tee off anytime between 9 am and 6 pm on Friday as long as you have another team to tee off with. The ace pot starts off at $2000. This is an 18-hole round. If you're not wanting to be in the actual tournament but want to play a round, then you'll want to be at Will Hair park on Friday.
The Wild Hair
The Wild Hair will take place on Saturday and Sunday at both Will Hair and Cal Young parks. You definitely want to pre-register for this event. There will be three rounds played with two different pools. Pool A will play at Will Hair while Pool B will play at Cal Young. Tee time for Saturday will be at 8 am and 8:30 am for Sunday. It will be a hot son of a gun this weekend so dress accordingly and bring lots of water.
- If you're playing in the Wild Hair, you can pre-check in on Friday between noon and 6 pm. In fact, you are encouraged to pre-check in if you are in town. Otherwise, late player check-in will be Saturday morning between 6:30 am and 7:45 am.
- PDGA digital scoring will be used for all three rounds of the Wild Hair.
- Sudden death tiebreakers will begin immediately after the third round.
- A player's party will take place at Play Faire Park on Saturday from 7 pm to 11 pm.
- Get entry fees, register, and other info here.
By the way, if you're new to the sport of disc golf and are wondering where to play, check out these Abilene area courses.