16 Best Abilene Area Bars to Watch the Cowboys & Niners Game
The NFL Playoffs kick off this weekend and the Dallas Cowboys enter as the 3rd seed in the NFC. As luck would have it, an old rivalry has been renewed with their matchup against the San Francisco 49ers in the Wild Card Game on Sunday at 3:30 pm.
Old school Cowboys fans remember the "catch" back in 1982 when Dwight Clark pulled in a Joe Montana pass with 58 seconds left in the game. That touchdown gave the Niners a 28-27 win over the Cowboys keeping the 'Boys out of the Super Bowl that year.
That may be 40 years ago, but Cowboys fans haven't forgotten and beating the Niners this Sunday is at the top of our list.
Obviously, tickets to the game will fetch a pretty penny, so if you're looking to stay in town to catch the game with your friends, then go watch it at one of the following places.
- Potosi Live at 897 FM 1750
- Buffalo Wild Wings North at 1010 East Overland Trail
- Buffalo Wild Wings South at 4401 Ridgemont Drive
- Buffalo Wild Wings Brownwood at 511 West Commerce
- The Bar B Q Barn at 602 Houston Street in Buffalo Gap
- East 80 Boozery at 840 E. Highway 80
- Heff's Burgers and Bar in the Mall of Abilene
- Homer's Bar at 4201 N. 1st
- Spanky P's Tavern at 2442 S. 7th
- Hooters at 2042 E. Overland Trail
- Mulligans Sports Bar, Grill & Golf at 1166 Ben Richey Drive
- Doc's Bar & Grill at 2042 FM 1750
- The Whiskey Girl at 833 E. Highway 80
- Betty Rose's Little Brisket at 3934 Catclaw Drive
- Western Edge at 1841 South Treadaway
- Hour Glass Club at 1532 Butternut
Remember, the game starts at 3:30, so it's probably best you get to your playoff party well ahead of time as I'm sure each and every one of these places will be packed. Then again, that's what we want.
Also, if your place is showing the game, shoot me an email so I can add you to the list.