The Only Official ‘Record Store Day’ Store Within 200 Miles is Here in Abilene
That store just so happens to be one of my favorite places on this entire planet, The Record Guys at 701 S. Leggett.
That's right, The Record Guys is the only participating (Record Store Day) store within 200 miles. The next closest is in Wichita Falls.
We're pretty damn lucky to have such a place in town with people as passionate about music as they are at The Record Guys.
Record Store Day is an annual event that celebrates the culture of independently-owned record stores. The day traditionally centers around special releases by a ton of artists from all over the world. These special releases are only sold in participating record stores.
Now, just because a store participates in Record Store Day doesn't mean they'll get every single special release pressed for this awesome day. The best bet is to check with your favorite record store, ahead of time, to ensure your sought-after special release is available at their store.
Judging by the releases for this year's event, there's gonna be a ton of music sold this Saturday.
The following are some that I'm personally looking (hoping) to get:
- Alice in Chains, “We Die Young” - 12” vinyl
- David Bowie, Brilliant Adventurist - CD & Vinyl
- Collective Soul, Disciplined Breakdown - LP
- The Damned, Strawberries - LP
- Dillinger Escape Plan, Dissociation - LP
- Foo Fighters, “Making a Fire” - Mark Ronson Re-Version / “Chasing Birds” Preservation Hall Jazz Band Re-Version - 7” vinyl
- Billy F. Gibbons, Hardware (Deluxe Edition) - CD Box Set
- Gojira, Live at Brixton Academy - 2xLP
- Judas Priest, Hero Hero - 2XLP
- Kittle, Spit - LP
- Motorhead, Lost Tapes, Vol. 2 - 2XLP
- The Offspring, Greatest Hits - LP
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Unlimited Love - 2XLP
- The Rolling Stones, More Hot Rocks 50th Anniversary - 2XLP
Whether you're looking for vinyl, turntables, speakers, jukeboxes, shirts, posters, and other music memorabilia, then The Record Guys should be first on your list to visit.
If you've never experienced Record Store Day, then head to The Record Guys on Saturday to take it all in. It truly is like Christmas...at least it is to me.