Contact Us

FEMA Wildfire Assistance Approved for 3 More Texas Counties

YouTube

Three more Texas counties have the opportunity to apply for public assistance from one government organization.

Disaster recovery aid from the Federal Emergency Management Agency has been approved for Midland, Erath, and Wichita Counties. The assistance is for the wildfires that occurred April 6th through August 29th of 2011.

The program is designed to help recover costs incurred in removing disaster-related debris from public rights of way, and for measures taken by state and local emergency responders. Funds may also go to the cost of repairing roads, utilities, and other public infrastructure which was damaged as a result of the wildfires.

Applicants that receive approval will have 75 percent of eligible costs covered by the FEMA funds, and will cover the remaining 25 percent themselves.

“Although Public Assistance grants go to government entities and nonprofits, their intent is to help entire communities recover from last year’s devastating wildfires,” said FEMA Federal Coordinating Officer Kevin Hannes.

Best of the Web

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://1470kyyw.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on News/Talk 1470 KYYW quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here

Register on News/Talk 1470 KYYW quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!